Position: Head of Marketing
Experience: 15-20 years
Requirement for Head of Marketing (based in Bangalore) for the Global Business Division of our client. We are looking for an exceptional marketing professional to lead our client’s marketing efforts in India. This position will report directly into the Managing Director of India. She or he will define and execute marketing strategies to reach millions of consumers and small businesses for our client’s mobile and online offerings. This leader will also be responsible for managing a team of skilled marketers, further building our client’s local marketing capabilities to world-class standards, selecting & managing agencies, and working with marketing executives of our client’s large partners.
The Head of Marketing will be world-class at applying deep understanding of the customers, competitors and environment to develop winning marketing strategies. She or he will use extensive marketing analytics to uncover insights to maximize marketing return on investment.
• Develop and execute strategic marketing plans across SMB and Consumer offerings that will be or have been launched in India. This role has direct accountability for revenue, customer targets and ROI, thus cross-channel marketing programs must link to measurable outcomes.
• Live an intimate knowledge of the diverse Indian market, competition, our client’s customers and our client’s needs and to represent this view with partners across client.
• Instill a culture of marketing analytical rigor, testing, measurement, and use data to support decisions, holding the team accountable for testing and using the biggest levers that will drive business outcomes
• Partner with PM, service/sales, PR, finance and legal to safeguard client and maximize the opportunity at hand. In particular, a close collaboration with offering leaders and the global marketing teams will help define delightful end-to-end customer solutions that customers in India really want to buy.
• Demonstrate a drive for innovation, grounded in customer insights and incorporating best practices from other companies and from within client.
• Demonstrate entrepreneurial spirit and drive in creating new business and uncovering untapped market potential – while focusing on the biggest opportunities.
Growth -focused experienced marketing professional
• A world class marketer who has a track record of driving direct and dramatic, business to consumer customer acquisition & retention results, by focusing on critical few priorities to succeed and clearly measuring outcomes. • Strong strategic thinking skills and ability to see “the big picture” while still enjoy rolling up his/her sleeves to execute the best marketing programs in the market.
• Proven capability of meeting and exceeding his/her business objectives and targets
• Track record of excellent partnering, collaboration and influencing across company functions, different cultures and complex time zones – including virtual working with teams.
• Ability to skillfully represent client with key external business partners. Specific experience identifying, selecting and partnering with high caliber agency partners is a must.
• A brand builder with proven strength in developing brands in online/mobile, experience with advertising, direct marketing, social programs and multi-channel messaging that wins with consumers
• Proof of intense focus on the customer throughout career and a passion for finding deep, hidden customer needs and truths to drive competitive advantage
• Mastery in producing compelling presentations and business cases, communicating clearly, outlining problems, targets, results and key insights
Capability & passion for building a world-class team
• Grooming talent by identifying key capabilities needed and actively coaching based on prior experience & best-practices
• Motivating and identifying stellar talent to bring into the organization as our client’s needs grow and team expands
Flair for ambiguity and infectious ‘can do’ attitude
• Demonstrated ability and passion to excel within an environment of change, start up mentality and a drive for continuous improvement
• Self motivating, tenacious and balanced individual who brings ‘can do’ motivation to work every day and who is willing to travel globally (up to an estimated 20% annually)
• MBA strongly preferred, excellent interpersonal skills and fit with team
• 10-15 years marketing experience across channels as well as across traditional and new media
Reach us out at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP for further discussion.